Why We Need A morning Skin care Routine
If you believe in routines you know that your morning routine counts. It starts the day off right – in every aspect: breakfast, exercise, etc. and skin care! An effective morning routine removes dirt or oil that have settled on the skin over night. It also helps prep the skin to create a healthy barrier from environmental stressors (pollution, blue light, & UV exposure). You want to choose products that replenish and strengthen the skin throughout the day.
4 Step Moring Routine
Before diving into what products to use for a specific skin type, here are the basics of the 4 steps to follow.
STEP 1: Cleansing
Using clean hands, start by cleansing the skin. The best cleansers remove dirt, sweat, residual makeup or skin care from the night before. An oil, gel, balm, or cream cleanser can be used depending on your skin concerns or skin type.
STEP 2: Toner
Toners offer many benefits including making that barrier of protection and hydration to start the day. Depending on your skin, choose one that increases hydration, reduces oil, or removes dead skin.
Simply spritz your tone directly onto the skin. Or apply it to a cotton pad and swipe across the face. Look for a toner with soothing ingredients vs a high alcohol percentage to avoid irritation and drying out the skin.
STEP 3: Moisturize
Moisturizing is next, it acts as a barrier to keep out bacteria and other stressors that can lead to breakouts, dryness, and irritation. Choosing a moisturizer that aligns with your skin type is the best; dryer skin might opt for thicker cream-based while oily skin might prefer gel-based.
Tape your finger into the moisturizer (that’s all you need) and apply evening the entire face and neck area.
STEP 4: SPF
The final step to your morning routine is applying your sun protection with SPF. According to the American Cancer Society, a broad spectrum sunscreen that can protect you from UVA and UVB rays with at least a SPF 30 is recommended daily. Ideally, it should be reapplied throughout the day especially with lots of sun exposure.
Again, tap your finger into the SPF and apply in an even layer.
Here are a few ideas of a simple morning routine for different skin types:
- Step 1: Cleanse and rehydrate with Firm Skin Acai Cleanser.
- Step 2: Refresh and hydrate with Neroli Age Corrective Hydrating Mist
- Step 3: Apply Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer for additional moisture and hydration.
- Step 4: Use Tropical Vanilla Day Cream SPF 40 to protect yourself from harmful UV rays.
- Step 1: Start with the Citrus Exfoliating Wash to remove any oil and dirt.
- Step 2: Spritz on the Lime Refresh Tonqiue. The green tea and vitamin C encourage a youthful looking complexion.
- Step 3: The Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Hydrator is a light weight moisturizer and smells amazing.
- Step 4: Protect and mattify oil skin with Red Currant Protective Moisturizer SPF 40.
- Step 1: Begin with Mangosteen Daily Resurfacing Cleanser to remove any surface buildup.
- Step 2: Follow with the Mangosteen Revitalizing Mist that rich in antioxidants.
- Step 3: Lightly hydrate with the Mangosteen Gel Moisturizer.
- Step 4: Finish with the Bright Skin Moisturizer SPF 40 to balance both dryness and oil all while brightening the appearance of dark spots.
As you can see it’s easy to get started with a great skin care routine to begin each day. Of course, one could add in extra steps for a more complex routine, such as different serums to target other problem areas. But really, these 4 steps are all you need to find your way to great skin. Stop into the salon to visit with one of our estheticians to see which Eminence products you could benefit from to start your new morning routine tomorrow!