The Dos of UpDos
The stylists at Sisters Salon & Day Spa Love Love Love doing updos for our guests. Whether you are the bride, a bridesmaid, going to prom, a party or any grand occasion, there are a few things that can make you feel and look as special as having your hair done up.
- Your hair should be DRY, and not freshly shampooed. If it is freshly shampooed, add some styling product so there is some “grip”.
- Bring pictures of styles you like, and/or, bring pictures of styles you don’t like.
- Curls can go from loose to tight so avoid generalizations like “I want curls”. Be as specific as you can or ask your stylist for advice.
- Hair color can change a look dramatically. Some styles will look much differently with highlighted hair than single color hair because of the dimension. Your stylist can guide you.
- Brides, practice your style before your wedding day.
- If you want to add extensions, bring them in to your stylist before the day of your appointment so they know what they are working with.
- If you have hair accessories, show them to your stylist during the consultation. It is often difficult to add them in once a style is complete.
- Be on time or early for your appointment so there is plenty of time to work with your stylist and so you or your stylist aren’t feeling rushed.
- If something about your style is uncomfortable, such as a bobby pin poking you in the wrong place, speak up at that time.
- Purchase the same spray your stylist used on you so you can have it for touch-ups throughout the day and night.
- Have confidence in your stylist. This is a partnership and an art, not a science and it makes for a much better outcome if communication is open. Choose a stylist you are comfortable with.
We want you to look as great as you want to – if something isn’t right, please let us know. We don’t want you walking out unhappy with your look.